FM LOGISTIC CONTINUES ITS DEVELOPMENT IN RUSSIARussia
A major player on the Russian logistics market, FM Logistic has just signed 6 new contracts for transport, logistics, warehousing and handling operations. It has also just delivered the first phase of its new temperature-controlled logistics platform in Ulyanovsk for American food group Mars.
FM Logistic: a pioneer in logistics in Eastern Europe
FM Logistic has made international development one of the strategic levers driving its growth. Since the early 1990s, FM Logistic has been one of the pioneers in logistics in Eastern Europe. The Group began its operations in Russia in 1994 and built the first of its own platforms there in 1998. A major player in the Russian logistics market, the company offers a complete range of Supply Chain services: storage, distribution, co-packing and customs clearance.
In June 2013, FM Logistic confirmed its development strategy when it acquired UNIVEG Logistics Russia, the logistics subsidiary of the UNIVEG group (specialists in fresh goods logistics), now renamed FM Fresh.
Today, the company's warehouse space in Russia totals 520,000 m2 (Moscow, Samara, Rostov-on Don, St. Petersburg, Ekaterinburg, Novosibirsk, Khabarovsk et Vladivostok) and it employs a total of 8,000 people for a turnover of more than 310 million Euros.
Six new contracts since the beginning of 2015
Since the beginning of the year, FM Logistic has had a string of successes, signing contracts with several new customers:
- Philips, the Dutch group specialised in household electrical goods, medical equipment and lighting, to manage its logistics (FM Logistic site: Dmitrov);
- Castorama, an international home improvement brand, part of Kingfisher retail group, present in Russia with 21 stores, for transport and deliveries between its Domodedovo platform and the cities of Omsk, Samara, Saratov, Togliatti, Ufa and Nizhny Novgorod.
FM Logistic also won contracts for new projects with a number of leading companies that are already partners;
- Johnson & Johnson, an American group that has already been a customer since 2004, in order to accompany it in its development in Russia and store its products;
- X5 Retail Group, one of the biggest food retailers in Russia with 5,000 m stores across the country, to manage its transport operations;
- Decathlon, a retailer specialised in sports goods that has already been a customer since 2007, to take on more storage and handling activities in the St. Petersburg area;
- Atak, a subsidiary of the Auchan group which has 150 supermarkets in Russia, for transport activities.
A temperature-controlled logistics platform for the Mars group
In addition, over 500 million roubles have been invested to build the first phase of a new platform in Ulyanovsk dedicated to the Mars group.
This is a Class A site, temperature-controlled and with high fire protection, and it is designed to be able to provide a wide range of services: storage, handling, co-packing… Eventually it will cover a total of 77,000 m² and employ more than 700 people.
"In spite of the current difficult economic and political situation, we are confident in our development potential on the Russian market, and so we are continuing to invest," emphasises Christophe Menivard, General Manager FM Logistic Russia. "We are remaining vigilant, but we have very ambitious aims for our business in this country."
About FM Logistic
Founded in Lorraine in 1967, FM Logistic is a key player in the areas of warehousing, transport, co-packing and supply chain. The international, independent, family-owned group is an expert in the logistics markets of FMCG, industry, fragrances/beauty and health.
Present in 12 countries and with more than 18,700 staff, FM Logistic achieved a turnover of more than a billion euros at year-end on 31 March 2014, up 18% on the previous financial year.
In addition to internationalization, the development of FM Logistic is focused on a strong policy of innovation, which is carried out with respect for the environment. Within this context the group is a pioneer of ‘pooling’ (the pooled management of transport and logistics resources), a concept for which it has received many professional awards over recent years. Environmentally responsible through conviction, in 2014 FM Logistic joined the Green Freight Europe program, an independent initiative aimed at improving the ecological performance of freight transport in Europe.
For more information: www.fmlogistic.com
FM Logistic - Véronique POUREL
Tél : +33 (0)3 87 23 11 50
Mobile : +33 (0)6 85 74 92 93
E-mail : email@example.com
CLC Communications - Tel: 33 (0)1 42 93 04 04
Jérôme Saczewski – Elisabeth Meston – Marion Sarrio
firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org